Friday, June 5, 2009

The One Where I'm Bored.


I suppose I should update or something.
Life on the Cape has been pretty much...relaxed I suppose. The weather has yet to decide to be nice, but on those random nice days we've had, we've ventured into the Outdoors, and tried to enjoy the 50 degree ocean water. We did get one lovely day where we were able to bike down to Nauset Beach and spend a while walking along the water, which was very nice. The tide was out too, so there were lots of shells and more beach to wander.
Its weird living and working here and not being on vacation. Every time I drive through Orleans I pass things and places that I have distinct memories of specific summer vacation events happening there. The Christmas Tree Shop, the Birdwatcher's General Store, certain restaurants, and its weird not yelling to my parents AH THERE!!! and going in. Of course, I'm also no longer 10, but still. Its weird.
Work has been slow, but hopefully it will pick up once tourist season starts. Its still very early for the Cape, so I have high hopes for our little cafe. We tend to get a lot of old Irish or British couples that come in and ask for tea or biscuits and it makes me laugh. They end up asking me how I manage with money that is all the same color, and I laugh and end up telling them I was just in Italy for the semester. I feel like that's all I've been talking about lately with people, which I guess when its foreign European customers, its not a bad thing? My bosses seem chill, and the girls I work with are all really nice. ANDD Sarah got a JOBB so I will officially be staying here the whole summer. Woot!
In other news:
I really miss the cheap and amazingly delicious Brie from italy, and the wine, and it not mattering that I'm only ALMOST 21.
I also miss my friends.

But, lifes good. Its fun playing house, not fun paying for groceries (god, they're expensive) and I like being so close to the bay/ocean/water.

No comments:

Post a Comment